Friday, January 22, 2010

The Taxed Man

This is a re-working I did of a poem written anomynously about 100 years ago. If anyone would like to repost or use for your Tea Party, feel free.

The Taxed Man

They taxed my land, they taxed my wage,
They taxed my bed in which I lay.

They taxed my plow, they taxed my mule,
They taught me taxes were the rule.

They taxed my cow, and taxed my goat,
They taxed my pants and then my coat.

They taxed my ties, socks, shoes and shirt,
They taxed my work, they taxed my dirt.

They taxed my smoking, taxed my drink,
They taxed me when I tried to think.

They taxed my booze then taxed my beers.
And when I cried, they taxed my tears.

They taxed my children, taxed my dog,
Taxed my sun, wind, rain, and fog.

They taxed my horse, but not my cat.
They taxed this chair, here, where I'm sat.

They taxed my truck, they taxed my gas,
They taxed my notes, they taxed my cash.

They taxed my tax to let me see
That bought or made, there is a fee.

They taxed me high when I did well,
They taxed me more when I fell ill.

They taxed my coffin, my headstone,
They taxed the sod I now call home.

When I was gone, just newly dead,
They came to my old house and said,

"We've come to claim the tax that’s due.
Though cash is best, we take checks, too."

They taxed it all and wanted more.
My children and wife were left poor.

So, back to work to pay the bill,
And pay they do with interest, still.

Throughout our lives we live this fact:
That death is sure; but more so, tax.

# # #

Here is a list of Taxes Americans pay each day... is it complete? Who knows?!

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel permit tax r />Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
Inventory
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS enalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Road usage taxes (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes

Please Note: I want to make a video of this poem, but I don't have the right voice. If you're interested, I'm looking or a man to read the couplets. Either drop me a line here, email me at cosmoxworld@gmail.com, or on twitter. The video will be posted here via YouTube and available for Tea Party and other patriots to use as they wish. Thanks!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment